Learning to Cook with Dairy Mini-Grants
Culinary Teachers! Do you need funds to purchase foods for your culinary classroom?
Apply for a “Learning to Cook with Dairy Mini-Grant”!
The Learning to Cook with Dairy Mini- Grant Program is designed to provide dairy foods for use in culinary activities for students in junior high and high school Family and Consumer Science, Culinary or Agriculture courses. This program is funded by dairy farmers in Arizona and administered by the Dairy Council of Arizona.
Teachers are encouraged to apply for mini-grants of up to $500 per school per year for the purchase of milk, cheese and/or yogurt products to use in culinary activities. Culinary activities include any recipe or food preparation activity designed to instruct students about the use, functionality, taste profiles, cooking properties, etc. of dairy foods, specifically milk, cheese and/or yogurt. Additional topics may include dairy food storage, dairy food safety, dairy food nutrition, or other aspects of dairy foods.
Complete the online application below.
Applications will be accepted through October 31, 2017. Funds must be utilized by May 1, 2018.
- Work with students to implement the grant utilizing milk, cheese and/or yogurt in culinary activities in the classroom.
- Instruct students on the different types of dairy foods and culinary aspects of dairy foods. Additional topics include dairy food nutritional content, storage, food safety, or other aspects pertinent to culinary activities.
- Work with students to develop recipes using milk, cheese and/or yogurt as an ingredient.
- Take photos of recipes, students working with dairy foods, etc.
- Complete the Final Evaluation, which will consist of completing an online form with the following components:
For more information, contact Terri Verason, firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-656-7163 x402.
Thank you for your interest in the Learning to Cook with Dairy mini-grant program. The application period has closed. Please check back in August for funding for the 2018-19 school year.